What is Ant? Pest Control Solution for all type of Ants !
Ants are small insect typically having a sting and living in a complex social colony with one or more breeding queens. It is wingless except for fertile adults, which form large mating swarms, and is proverbial for its industriousness.There are over 12,000 known ant species in the world.
What is the problem of ants?
Tiny black ants generally reside in their colony outdoors. They enter structures in order to scavenge for food such as sugar, starches and meat. A tiny black ant infestation is best treated by following the ant's trail back to the colony and treating the problem at the source.
Ant Removal & Pest Control of Ant : Permanent Removal of Ants in Home is possible. Do it Yourself Method & Pesticide are available after the first treatment. Call : +91-9870275169
Invasive Ant Species:-
- There are many ant species that are in areas of the world even tho they didn’t originate there. These are invasive ant species, and they cause a threat to natural biodiversity.
- Prime examples of invasive ant species can be seen above. Select one to find out more.
- The red imported fire ant (Solenopsis invicta or RIFA) originated in South America, via shipping crates it has penetrated the US, Australia, Taiwan, Philippines and southern China causing mayhem where ever it goes.
- One way we have chosen to control the invasive fire ants is through bio control.
Bites and sting:-
- Many ant species have the ability to bite and sting humans, although rarely deadly, this can become increasingly annoying especially for young children.
- Ant poison or venom is made in the poison glands located in the gastor. The poison is also known to be used by ants for pheromone communication.
- The Maricopa harvester ant, has the record for the most venomous insect in the world.
- Bullet ants’ have the world record for the most painful insect sting. Pain is measured on the Schmidt Pain index.
Ants and their Impact on Vegetation:-
Ants are responsible for destroying more vegetation than any other group of animals. As a result of this they cost the crop industry more than one billion dollars each year.
Leaf cutter and harvester ant colonies are a serious concern for agricultural farmers. Leaf cutters are known to be able to strip an entire citrus tree of its leaves in under 24 hours!
Some ant species, particularly the European black garden ants, gorge themselves on various soft fruits, especially strawberries and raspberries.
A selection of ant species have a symbiotic relationship with sap feeding insects by farming honey dew from them. As the sap feeding insects are protected by the ants, they can grow numerous and fast. This can lead to serious damage of crops.
Despite these negative impacts on vegetation, the ants play an important role in many plant lifecycles. Ants turn and aerate the soil in which the plants grow, and some ants are known to help disperse plant seeds, also known as myrmecochory.
Ants Attraction to Electricity can cause Short Circuits:-
It has been reported that a few species of ant such as the red imported fire ant and the ‘Asian super ant’ naturally gather where there are electrical currents flowing, this can cause fire risks and blackouts as they short circuit electrical appliances.
Their compulsion to follow electricity appears to be stronger than their need for food or water!
To learn about the ways in which we have chosen to control the invasive fire ants see bio control.
Ants Break and Raid Homes:-
- Ants will often enter homes either to create their nest or raid foods that have not been sealed properly. It seems that ants and humans have a very similar appetite.
- It doesn’t take long for hundreds of ants to appear at food sources as they use natural pheromones to guide other ants.
- Although ants are relatively clean insects, they can potentially spread disease in homes and hospitals as they may have previously walked through garbage, sewers or dead animals.
- Ants can cause serious problems when they choose to nest under our buildings. Large colonies can potentially weaken foundations by removing soil/dirt.